- I Cannot Connect to the Boxcryptor Servers
- Use self-signed Certificates for Cloud Provider
- I Cannot Move a File to an Encrypted Folder
- Camera Upload is Not Working
- Where can I download Boxcryptor Classic?
- What happens if Boxcryptor goes out of business?
- Outdated Clients
- Cannot open some files
- Take Photo in Bulk
- What is a FolderKey.bch and a .bclink file
App protection prevents unauthorized access to Boxcryptor.
When this feature is enabled, you must authenticate with a method set in your device to use Boxcryptor.
To use the app protection, at least one of the following protection methods must be enabled in the security settings of the device:
- Fingerprint (if hardware available)
- Face Unlock (if hardware available)
Depending on the hardware manufacturer, the available protection methods in Boxcryptor may vary. For some devices, a preferred biometric authentication method can be selected.
App protection is activated as soon as the app is in the background or the device is locked. If the user uses a biometric authentication method, he or she can also unlock Boxcryptor using an alternative method.
Boxcryptor’s app protection uses the latest AndroidX Biometric Library. Compatibility issues may occur on some devices with a modified authentication screen. In the event of problems, we recommend that you avoid using alternative protection methods until the device manufacturer solved the problem.